[cma-l] Free Community Radio Seminar

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 12:09:28 GMT 2011

Alex, Ian n’ all

Firstly my apologies for getting PPL and PRS muddled up

 and secondly, I
think Alex has knocked me into the silver medal position regarding long
e-mails. By the time I’d got to the end of it I’d grown a beard !        LOL
good stuff though.

In my opinion it doesn’t matter whether it’s writers, publishers, performers
etc etc             it’s all a load of cobblers and a money making racket
jobs for the boys.

If Fred Bloggs wants to release a cd but use 10 songs that were written by 5
x Herbert Thistlethwaite + 5 x Nora Batty                  then it is up to
Fred to pay Herbert and Nora

 it ain’t my responsibility or problem.

Furthermore if Henry Clackett buys a Ford Mondeo and opens up a Taxi
business he’s making money out of using that car that he has purchased. Does
he give Ford another 5p everytime he drives it ???

So far as performers rights and ppl etc are concerned        if it is copied
or performed for profit then there should be a charge or even a FINE !

Sell yer product, take money and get on with the next project. That’s it

. Don’t create a bottomless pit, which is what we’ve got at the moment.

I’m struggling to try to explain what my feelings are
.. I know it’s a bit
rough at the edges and possibly needs thinking through, you’ll have to
forgive me

.. but, nevertheless, I think people catch my drift??

It’s a con-trick

Nick

  _____