[cma-l] Fwd: from Japan (Satoko)

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 21:08:52 GMT 2011

Dear All

We have a lady who comes with some of our students on Mondays. She is their carer. These youngsters have learning difficulties and suffer terribly with epilepsy ...... one young boy called Zac actually had a fit today whilst with us.
The lady is Japanese, her family all live on the North West of Japan ..... thankfully everyone is OK, but things are difficult and their world and lives have been turned upside down.

Yuka has recorded a piece for us today and it is now on our system. It puts out an appeal for the red cross website ....... she has a Japanese accent ... (obviously)   and at the end of the recording she speaks Japanese basically saying, together we stand, we will re-build, we will work hard, we shall overcome ..... long live Japan !

This is now being rolled out on our station every hour.

I just thought I'd mention it.

Regards

Nick