[cma-l] [comradio-l] Daily Telegraph: BBC blasted for planning'death of local radio'

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 15:31:50 GMT 2011

Trevor

Don’t make excuses about it being your personal opinion

. It is a damn
good opinion and you’ve got it BANG ON !

The BBC could cut their costs by half

. We could employ some of their
people so it would be a win/win situation. They’d still have jobs doing
something that they like doing, our volunteers and staff would learn from
them, we would actually have REAL local radio (at last!)                 and
in case anyone thinks I’ve been on the magic mushrooms again

 WE
(Cheshire / North East Cheshire)   etc etc    Don’t have a BBC Station !
Perhaps      one of the reasons why we were given a licence ??      we
certainly mentioned it on our application.

I’m sure Cheshire FM, KAT, Canalside, Pure, Moorlands could (with a bit more
guaranteed funding) provide a first class local news service with each
breaking away separately to do their own community stuff.

I suppose we’ll now spend the next 5 years having ‘’consultations’’
which will cost more money that the BBC now apparently don’t have. The
biggest cost being the amount of Tea, Coffee and Biscuits that’ll be drank
n’ scoffed whilst having those ‘’consultations’’

.

Finally, we’ve still got Jeremy Hunt running around like a headless chicken
mithering about local TV, whilst local RADIO is falling apart around him
(have I missed something ? or have I most definitely been on the magic
mushrooms?????)                         also, and absolutely finally, I
notice the DAB discussion has risen it’s head again

 er   Why ??

The meeting went well today by the way

. Will report back soon

Have a good weekend all