[cma-l] FW: Weekend Digest

Murray Dawson murray at shmu.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 13:15:08 GMT 2011

 From our experience there is a lot of funding out there.
We have a operating budget of around £500,000 this year, but we don't
any of it because we have a licence from Ofcom or a radio station.
It's because of the outcomes we deliver on; in our case it tends to be
with marginalised or disadvantaged individuals and/or communities.

It seems to me that you need some support to rethink how and what you're
applying for, as it sounds like you do lots of good work with young
people for example.
Does your local Council or Council for Voluntary Organisation have a
Fund-raising Officer? Sometimes they can help.

Murray

On 10/03/2011 12:44, Office - ccr-fm wrote:

> Murrayn' all
>
> Simple question really ................. we (CCR) are ticking all of
> the boxes,           without a shadow of a doubt we are ticking all of
> the boxes, we are also filling in all the holes, plugging up all the
> dykes, uncovering all the grids, ticking more boxes, and then a few
> more .............. in fact that many, that we have now run out of
> boxes and paper and ink !                      and yet we have had
> SOD ALL from the actual lottery ..................       we have had a
> few very nice letters though, it is ever so nice to receive letters
> ..... but not the ones that say ................. UNFORTUNATELY, your
> application has not been successful this time ...AGAIN...........
> after going through about three processes and answering extra
> questions ......................... I thought I was taking my 11 plus
> again ?!
>
> The fact that we are operating and the fact that an organisation like
> Ofcom have faith in us giving us the licence in the first place and
> letting us keep it, should in itself speak volumes
> ....................... the people on these panels clearly fraternise
> & move in the same circles as the little green men from planet zog at
> the DCMS.
>
> I'm really sorry to be rude, I really am ................ But one word
> has been visibly clear to us over the past four years --- it's called
> = FRUSTRATION !
>
> Nick

please reply to
murray at shmu.org.uk