[cma-l] [comradio-l] Cabinet Office Written answers and statements re Census, 7 March 2011

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 19:58:45 GMT 2011

I took it to mean that "we don't believe anyone listens to community radio,
so we have not allocated any budget to advertise on it" !

Glyn

On 8 March 2011 17:00, Clive Glover <clive.glover at btconnect.com> wrote:

> Sorry, can anyone translate the final sentence for me please?
>
> Clive Glover
>
> On 8 Mar 2011, at 12:15, CMA-L wrote:
>
> > Joan Ruddock (Lewisham, Deptford, Labour):
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what steps the Office for
> > National Statistics has taken to engage with community media to
> > promote the 2011 Census; and what budget has been assigned for
> > publicising the Census through local and community media.
> >
> > Nick Hurd (Parliamentary Secretary (Civil Society), Cabinet Office;
> > Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner, Conservative):
> >
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > The information requested falls within the responsibility of the UK
> > Statistics Authority. I have asked the authority to reply.
> >
> > Letter from Stephen Penneck, dated March 2011:
> >
> > As Director General for the Office for National Statistics (ONS) I
> > have been asked to reply to your recent question asking what steps ONS
> > has taken to engage with community media to promote the 2011 Census;
> > and what budget has been assigned for publicising the census through
> > local and community media (43253).
> >
> > As part of the overall census communication and engagement programme,
> > nearly 200 census area managers and community advisors are contacting
> > community and local media to raise awareness of the 2011 Census. Many
> > media organisations have responded positively, recognising the
> > importance of encouraging their audience to participate, and covering
> > the census in news and editorial features.
> >
> > There is no specific budget for local and community media as the
> > budget is defined by the audience that the advertising reaches.
> >
> > Hansard source: http://is.gd/62WF6m
> >
> > \\
> >
> > Community Media Association
> > --
> > http://www.commedia.org.uk/
> > http://twitter.com/community_media
> > Facebook Fans: http://bit.ly/cog8n5
> > Canstream Internet Radio: http://www.canstream.co.uk/

GLOSS FM now broadcasting on 87.7FM across South Gloucestershire
http://www.glossfm.org.
Why not download the GLOSS FM browser toolbar for easy access to radio
player, local information and more!
http://GLOSSFM.Toolbar.fm/