[cma-l] Radio playout software companies

Phil Edmonds lists at philedmonds.info
Fri Jun 24 18:01:43 BST 2011

On 23/06/2011 12:39, CMA-L wrote:
> [...]

Are you sure that Myriad is 'not compatible' or just that there are no
PCI-E soundcards on PSquared tested and 'supported' list?

Myriad will 'work' with must cards. Multi-track cards tend to be a
little more troublesome in that you need one which presents to windows
each output as a true 'independent' channel.

Possibly the nearest PCI-e card that PSquared will treat as being
'tested' is some of the AudioScience cards. I've got a system with some
AudioScience cards, though I think they are PCI (I can't check this
minute) but they do equivalent PCI-E cards which run the same drivers,
so should in practical terms be identical. However the down side is they
are very expensive (compared to computer hardware, not when compared to
the Revox/Ampex tape machines, Sonfiex cart machines and expensive grams
and CD Players you'd be buying 15-20 years ago for your studio.)

My recommendation is speak to PSquared - they will help - obviously they
are a commercial business and won't be willing to assist with helping
you with obscure hardware for free, but in my experience Liam, Peter and
David (and the others) understand the constraints that community radio
work under and try to be as helpful as they can.

Also check out the PSquared website forums - there are some
knowledgeable people on their who can assist.

Phil.