[cma-l] House of Commons debates, 16 June 2011, 10:30 am

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 17 12:38:04 BST 2011

Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport

Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield, Labour):
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does the Secretary of State still believe in localism? If so, why is
he undermining local radio up and down the country, reducing morale?
Why is he attacking all those third sector arts organisations that are
collapsing up and down the country because of a lack of funding?

Jeremy Hunt (South West Surrey, Conservative):
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are not, and I do not know where the hon. Gentleman gets his
information from. We have published the most ambitious local media
strategy for many years, providing a way forward for local radio
stations. We are continuing to support many community radio stations.
On local arts groups, we have put in place a big package to try to
encourage and help arts organisations to be resilient in difficult
financial times.

Hansard Source: http://bit.ly/iAqEvu

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation