[cma-l] Training and Regions

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 18:15:10 GMT 2011

Trevor n' all

Looks good ...... Best of luck with it.

Regards

Nick

  _____

From: cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk
[mailto:cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk] On Behalf Of Trevor Lockwood
Sent: 31 January 2011 13:27
To: CMA-L; shirleyludford at btinternet.co; claire penketh
Subject: [cma-l] Training and Regions

Claire & Shirley et al

Training sits inside my heart - and there's a real opportunity for the CMA
to create a proper training network. It's my belief that we can provide good
practical training programmes that also lead to acceptable qualifications -
for example; they could be apprenticeships that lead to a Diploma in Radio,
accredited by the Open College Network (who have the syllabuses in place
already). Or (hopefully) one of our associated colleges would be willing to
help build an online training course (that was my responsibility at Univ
Sussex years ago) that we can all access.

By combining our expertise we can provide better services, and really help
our workers.

I'm putting that case to Job Centre Plus right now, but we should work
together - synergy!

Second subject: at Saturday's CMA Council meeting we decided to create two
pilot projects: two Regions will be formed; one in East Anglia, with me as
main helper (trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk) and one at Teeside by Steve
Thompson (S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk).

If you are a station in either of these Regions, or know of anyone who may
be interested but are not yet CMA members - please get in touch.

Trevor Lockwood

107.5 FM
Chairman
Felixstowe Radio <http://www.felixstoweradio.co.uk>  Community Interest
Company

Registered Number 6419058
3 Great Eastern Square, Felixstowe IP11 7DY
01394 282123
Director Community <http://www.commedia.org.uk/>  Media Association
Vice Chairman Suffolk <http://www.savo.co.uk>  Association of Voluntary
Organisations