[cma-l] CMA list

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 10:48:30 GMT 2011

Steve

Young Rob has taken over from me ...... this is exactly what community radio
is about. I taught him everything that I know .... It took about two minutes
!   lol         .... He's just 14 !                                 these
clowns in their Ivory Towers at the DCMS are not hurting me ... they can
chuck as much ...s        .. h   one  T     at me as they wish ..... the
only people they damage are youngsters that we have here who take part in
activities (some who have epilepsy) plus youngsters like Rob, Will, James,
Andy etc etc   these are all kids at school. We've then got the girl guides
and the cubs who all come down, primary school kids who write and read
poetry and then there's youngsters like Jordan who are excluded from school
..... we've turned em' round .... none of them have been in a scrap of
trouble since starting at Canalside ..........     Instead of helping us
..... these IDIOTS         and I hope they are reading this .. I repeat
IDIOTS ...... (and when I see them they will get a barage from me)       are
destroying something that is good for communities and good for this Country
...... absolutely shameful .....

(I was invited this week to the PRS seminar ..... I'm not going, because I
would possibly end up getting thrown out !)  (furthermore, I don't need
patronising by a bunch of parasites and leeches)

Cameron needs to wake up, take his blinkers off and sort out the basics,
before he starts bleeting on about his big society ...... if not, all those
that will contribute to the idea of the big society will have gone tits-up !
Nero fiddling whilst Rome burns springs to mind.

Anyway . following my rant (again)             nope ---------------- no
advertising, no nothing -------------- we daren't even stick a telephone
number on or drop a little hint that the carpet shop have a small offer on
this week only ...... it's pathetic. The best one that we have is a Taxi
firm who donate money. What use is a mention for a taxi firm when there's no
bloody telephone number on it  !?        apparently, it then becomes an
advert. Actually, I agree, yes it does ........ BUT ......... So what ???

Furthermore ....... if you have a peep at a map of North East Cheshire .....
Bollington is central to our area ... however, which ever way you depart or
exit from Bollington   N / S /E / W      there are 4 miles of fields, sheep,
cattle, hedges, cow pats, barbed wire, trees, 3 leafed clovers, blackbirds,
larks, canals, walkways, stables and so on and so on ....... This for some
bizarre reason is included in our 5km ruling ......... What a load of
nonsense.

As I have said, the idea, the ethos and the meaning of what we are doing is
BRILLIANT ....... The method imposed upon us by the CLOWNS . is not.

I shall cease from insulting these people when they cease to insult my
intelligence and the efforts that all the people are putting in at
Canalside.

I suggest that the CMA .... the next time they have a meeting with the DCMS,
Government, Ofcom, PRS, PPL - Uncle Tom Cobley n' all actually read out one
of my rants ..... they don't have to agree, but at least the message will
have sunk in ....... I still think most people are removed from reality and
are walking around in Noddy-land.

To answer your question regarding Mr commercial man down the road ....
another set of toss-pots ...... they listen to us 24/7    they watch us like
a hawk .... they muck rake, they try to mosey in on our gigs, worming there
way where castor oil wouldn't get. They have a great view on sharing .....
we share with them outside events that we have been booked for, but they
shut the door on us on the ones that they have. They have turned up on
numerous occasions trying to gatecrash the party and we have been descent
and let them set up at the side of us ..... I do not have a problem ... they
are the ones with the problem. They try to poach people .... when they do,
they don't even have the descency to give me a phone call.

The idea of what we are doing (and I have written to them on a number of
occasions) is that we can let people learn the ropes and then if they are
good enough, in a civilised and polite manner we discuss it and then try to
let the succesful presenter move up the ladder ....... they are pig ignorant
and arrogant. Still I try, but to no avail.

They have reported us to Ofcom      TWICE ...... one for apparently
broadcasting too far ??   the other to do with football coverage at IRN ..
They reported us to sky as well. There was a massive ding dong on the Macc
Town website when fans turned against them. They weren't prepared to do the
bread and butter stuff with reference to our local club, but when there is a
big match they want the publicity and the glory ..... no show without punch
..........        punch has often crossed my mind .... but not the one that
shares the stage with Judy !

They can't report us on key commitments as we have fulfilled them 100% plus
another 100% on top ... in fact no one can report us for anything ---- we've
done nowt' wrong ----------- perhaps we should (like those pirates)     we
might get treated better !?

Anyway, we soldier on, and we will soldier on ..... Trust me ...... we are
like a lot of little dogs with Bones ..... We shall overcome, we deserve to.

No help from anyone else may I say.

By the way ...... through this column I would to thank Ofcom for their kind
award of Community Grant Funding .... it has been long overdue, but
nevertheless we are very very grateful.

HOWEVER ---------------------- I still wish to state my case, which is that
we should fight together as a brotherhood and as a unit to get the fund
raised. The money should be doled out EQUALLY amongst everyone. No panels,
just one person with a cheque book. As long as we inform Ofcom, what we are
spending the money on, then I see no issues. This is my opinion, it is fair
and it is equal, it will not change. It has been my view for the past 4
years.

Cheers Steve for showing an interest, it is much appreciated. As I have
said, I will show some politeness and respect to these people when they show
some towards us.

Regards

Nick

  _____