[cma-l] Information request about community media

Fleming, Dave Dave.Fleming at york.gov.uk
Wed Jan 12 12:30:20 GMT 2011

Hi
Does anyone within the CMA network have any reports, data, case studies etc. about community media and the value it has for communities, groups and individuals?

Currently there are preliminary discussions about setting up a community TV station in York.

I'm currently in the process of putting a document together about community media, examples of work which has happened over the past few years in York and examples on nationally.

The document will hopefully form the catalyst to develop a community media strategy for the city.

I already have a fair amount of information but I'm sure there within the CMA network which I am not aware of.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave Fleming

Inclusive Arts
Arts & Culture
City of York Council
Mill House
North Street
York
YO1 6JD

Mobile: 07917 173377
Email: dave.fleming at york.gov.uk

Help protect the environment - please don't print this email unless you really need to.

This communication is from City of York Council.

The information contained within, and in any attachment(s), is confidential and legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication, or the information within, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Equally, you must not disclose all, or part, of its contents to any other person.

If you have received this communication in error, please return it immediately to the sender, then delete and destroy any copies of it.

City of York Council disclaims any liability for action taken in reliance on the content of this communication.