[cma-l] Fw: comty radio and campaigning

andrew.wass at talk21.com andrew.wass at talk21.com
Mon Jan 10 17:36:19 GMT 2011

I think the issue that Julian highlights below is a difficult area. If you've
started a campaign on the stations website I think that does compromise the
impartiality of the station as it seems to me your website is part of your
output as a whole.

I think it is very different if you're pointing site visitors to someone else's
campaign and its labelled as such.

What your volunteers and listeners decide to do (if anything) is a matter for
them as individuals of course... Which brings up the thorny area of.... If the
station is behind a campaign (or mounts one) are you sure that speaks for all of
those involved in the station.

Am not suggesting that you've done this Julian, merely widening the debate

Its an interesting area, good luck with it all Julian,

Best Wishes
Andy Wass
Admin/Manager
Desi Radio