[cma-l] Interface to internet radio players

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 11:32:04 GMT 2011

  We are currently going through the process of making our station available on all internet radio players. However we seem to be hitting problems with formats needed, particularly with the Pure Radio Lounge and . We currently stream using Edcast and a company in sheffield called Stream Solutions. Does anyone have any experience of this situation.
Hi Mark

Normally all you have to do is ask Pure to add you to their directory, and provide station details and a URL to the stream. It works no problem for us with the MP3 stream from the CMA Commedia server. However this assumes you have an ordinary MP3 or AAC stream avalable, and I notice that your own online player is an Adobe Flash-based player and is being fed a Flash Media stream for that purpose by stream solutions.That isn't a stream that will be suitable for most Internet radios such as the Pure ones.

You are already feeding a suitable stream to Stream Solutions, so nothing else should be needed at your end, but they need to make you available on a Shoutcast or Icecast servers, so you have get an ordinary MP3 or AAC stream URL to put into databases such as Pure and Reciva., which may or may not cost you extra - maybe you already have one already.

It would be a useful thing to do anyway if you don;t already, as there will be many potential listeners who are unable to run the Flash based player that pops up on your website (for example iPhones and other Apple devices).

Alex