[cma-l] Oxford Media Convention 2011

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 19:39:53 GMT 2011

Good point from Mark I suppose.

Will the BBC Director General be paying to get in ?       he can use some of
my licence fee if he wishes. Mr Hunt

 will he be paying ?
perhaps if they paid, the hire on the hall would be covered so reps from our
end who genuinely haven’t got any money would be able to attend for free.

Ah !  but !               there’s a slight problem there. These people don’t
want us sticking our three-pennith in
. It distracts away from the smell of
B.S.  !

We are an insignificance, a none-entity, possibly even a nuisance

 in
fact most definitely a nuisance (bit like the fly buzzing around the cows
head)              we are however so much a none-entity that the whole lot
of them have to impose restrictions / sanctions / limits / boundarys etc

. The point I am making is that everyone can’t be as bad off as
they’re making out

.. or else we would do something about it.

The only way we’ll sort this out is by doing something drastic (I’m afraid)
I personally don’t want that, I never have

.. we just want to be left
alone to flourish in our own little way. Having the odd advert here and
there for a few quid, plus a couple more watts, so that those in our
community who don’t want to listen to Mr Vine talking to Mr Hunt or the
Director Generals overpaid muppetts -      are able to -
without a load of crackling coming through their radio set.

Not a lot to ask

. Whatever this meeting is about, one thing is
for sure, our plight will not get a mention.

You can possibly tell, as I said yesterday, I have nothing but contempt for
this whole debacle.

Why doesn’t Mr Hunt come down to Canalside and I’ll show him our books

..
I’ll also show him what we can do and can’t do, and advise him why and how
come. Perhaps he doesn’t know ?     may be that the curtains were drawn on
the Ivory Towers.

I quite like our local MP

.. he’s new

. Our old MP was a good
constituency stalwart as well

.. both Conservatives, and both, sadly,
unable to grasp what is actually going on. When I did try to explain to
David about six months ago

 he came across as being ‘shocked’      and
‘unaware’

.. so

.. Labour made a balls-up of it and precided over
a shambles and the Tories look like they’re going to fumble through it as
well. I don’t care for any of them actually, (Labour / Liberal / Tories /
Ukip / Raving Loony they’re all useless. They couldn’t run a raffle.

I heard Mr Cameron today preaching the sermon about growth and confidence

.. simple, basic and straightforward politics he said

.
This meeting I believe is all about growth / confidence / the future

..
whose growth ?       whose confidence ?           we are not at the table
and if we were, we have no say.

At the moment (we) (Canalside)        are stuggling to deliver what we are
supposed to be delivering

. (perhaps I shouldn’t be saying that??)    but
I’m honest and upfront

. However, the reason I say it is because we
have no guilt

.. it is not our fault

.. the blame lays firmly at the
door of the DCMS.

As I have said

 talking might get us there eventually

. Possibly about
the same time when we’re handing in the licences. If we could afford it,
would we get ours renewed ??

.. could get branded as trouble causers.

Maybe they will change the rules

 I would be the first to congratulate
them and there would be no more postings. If there were postings, they’d be
positive. I can’t do that at the moment I’m afraid as we are still in the
proverbial.

Soldier on kids, but enjoy

 we do, believe it or not !
Just about to do a radio project with 15 local girl guides, it runs for the
next 4 weeks

. No really
. I am

 there’s 3 volunteers (me
included) and the 15 of them

. They love it !            it’s a pity it
might have to stop
. I told    Arkela to give Mr Hunt a ring, he’ll sort it
out.

In fact, the girl guides would do a better job around that table in Oxford
as opposed to the Keystone Cops who will be there !

Regards

Nick

  _____