[cma-l] does anyone know ?

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 14:49:42 GMT 2011

Bill

As always this does help ......... a precise and exemplary reply ...... it
does however all look pretty obvious to me ......... someone somewhere has
tried to nail our hats on again with this MCPS charge ...... (a 100% rise !)
I can almost see the departments sat round the dining table toasting their
bottle of plonk in the air (secret handshake)(nudge nudge wink wink)
then of course the CMA come along and say   ''hold your horses''

How we've managed to go from 600 odd quid down to 180 odd quid beats me ...
but nonetheless we have. Someone has seen some common sense at last.

It confirms my belief though once again, that this lot is nothing more and
nothing less than a money making racket ....... daylight robbery ..... Dick
Turpin on the airwaves.

The MCPS has actually got nothing to do with what I am talking about and it
is to do with the bog standard charge for PRS ....... was this negotiated or
not ??    if it was, then why do we have to go through this form filling in
process ...... none of it making any sense to the layman on the street.

Actually it does make sense and it is very clear to me ........ IF WE TAKE
£65,000 PER-ANNUM INTO OUR ACCOUNT AND SPEND £64,000 ON RUNNING OUR PROJECT,
MEANING THAT AT THE END OF THE YEAR WE ARE LEFT WITH £1,000 (NOT-FOR-PROFIT)
THEY, (THE PRS) WANT A PERCENTAGE OF THE £65,000 up and above £21,000
........... THAT'S IT BASICALLY .......... AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THEY
CAN SWING FOR IT ...... WE NEGOTIATED £700    THAT'S IT !

If you take the £700 and do a % division on what we actually are left with
every year, they end up with 70% of what we are doing ........... are they
avin' a giraffe !

Nick