[cma-l] Community radio - get your news from the BBC?

Phil Gibbons phil at bcfm.org.uk
Wed Feb 23 16:16:47 GMT 2011

Can I point you all to the BBC CMA Mou that is on the CMA website that says
all about taking BBC local news. It has some good examples of how this works
- Even for those taking adverts.

http://www.commedia.org.uk/2009/12/11/cma-bbc-mou/

Phil

On 23 February 2011 15:17, Simon <simon at tamesideradio.com> wrote:

>  Jaqui
>

> The problem with the BBC local is that it isn’t as consistent as Sky/IRN
> nor does it provide the breadth of news available from Sky/IRN.  You cant
> rely on them being their when the fader is pushed.  In addition, our local
> BBC claim that they wont supply to anyone who takes adverts as it breaches
> their charter. If you can live with the inconsistency and the lack of
> breadth then fine, however, we prefer the wider mix of SKY/IRN
>

> Simon

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

BCfm is the Radio Academy’s station of the year 2010 for the South West
Region

Bristol's Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office
0117 9553721 - Studio

www.bcfm.org.uk

The Beacon Centre
City Academy Bristol
Russell Town Avenue
Bristol
BS5 9JH

Bristol Community Fm LTD No. 05377534. Registered Charity No: 1123827
Registered Address: The Beacon Centre, City Academy Bristol, Russell Town
Avenue, Bristol, BS5 9JH.  This email is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The contents of this
message will not be in any way binding upon BCfm Ltd.    If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.   The information contained in this email may
be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.