[cma-l] Audience Figures for Community Radio

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:56:17 GMT 2011

I don't
I think it's crackers that we think we need to rely on figures based on such a shaky premise.
Face up to it - please.
There is no physical method of measuring a radio audience.
If you really need figures then the caveats should be provided alongside them.
Anything based on their assumed validity should be similarly qualified.
Otherwise, you're fooling yourself - and more importantly fooling your audience, supporters, funders and advertisers.