[cma-l] Councils Charging for Antenna Space

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:16:01 GMT 2011

I would fully endorse Alex's view - as I nearly always do - because we've been in this situation on countless occasions for RSLs and latterly for at least 20 CR projects.
The most often overlooked subject is finding the right transmission site at the optimal cost.
You have to sell what you're doing to the people who will gain most from it - be it Council, Police, commercial property owner, provate site owner, hilltop farmer or simply private householder.
Big site-owning organisations are a non-starter usually, but that said, we are currently negotiating with BT for a prime site share.
I'll happily share experiences and details with anyone in this situation.
Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK
ian at transplan.uk.com