[cma-l] Radio Wildfire Live! transmission Monday 7th February 2011, 8-10pm

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 16:05:12 GMT 2011

++++++++ Forwarded Message ++++++++++

*www.radiowildfire.com <http://www.radiowildfire.com>**Monday 7th
February 8.00-10.00 pm (UK time). + Roy McFarlane's Laureate's Diary
from 10.00pm*

Whether you associate February with broadsides of love poems or news
reports of massacres - in this month's show we'll be hearing magazines,
talking newsletters, discussing madness and eavesdropping on a diary;
chewing over upset apple carts and digesting the new crop of uploaded
tracks when we bring you the latest mix of spoken word and live
literature, commentary and humour on /Radio Wildfire Live!/ ...

Joining us in the studio will be*Femi Oyebode.*  Best known as a poet,
tonight he'll be talking about his forthcoming book /Madness at the
Theatre/.  Grounded in psychiatry as well as a being a writer, he's been
looking at Greek Tragedy, Othello and King Lear, Tennessee Williams,
Wole Soyinka, Pinter and Stoppard - madness in all of them, used and
abused as subject, theme and symbol.  He'll also be reading some of his
own new poetry.

*Norman Samuda-Smith*, editor/publisher of the *Panther Newsletter* an
excellent online cultural review joins us too.  An accomplished short
story writer himself, he will be dropping in to tell us about the latest
version of Panther Newsletter and be reading one of his short stories
that you can find published in the current issue.

We'll also have *The Daily Poet* in the studio.  Once a day she posts a
tweet length poem (140 characters, no more: no less) into her blog.
Tonight she'll be reading them while we send them down the wire to those
of you who follow us on Twitter - you might want to tweet one back!

  From the bumper bag of uploads we've received there'll be poetry from
*Mark Goodwin, *and from*Helen Calcutt*; a short story set in the
industrial revolution from *Silvia Juliet Millward*, /One more to work
the Oliver Hammer/; plus there'll be music from *The Firm*, an excellent
band based in Jakarta, Indonesia, *Michael W.Thomas*, and *Ben Macnair*.

There'll be a featured poetry cd in the form of *Emma Purshouse*'s
/Upsetting The Apple Cart/ published by /Offa's Press/.

And as if this wasn't enough, we'll be bringing you more news from the
community of Little Hope, when life in rural England is brought vividly
to life as *Tony Judge* reads from the *Little Hope Parish Magazine* -
laugh along or write back to us as 'Unamused of Seriously-under-Whelm'.

*Then at 10.00 pm* you'll get the latest instalment of the*Laureate's
Diary* from current Birmingham Poet Laureate *Roy McFarlane.* Catch up
with another month's poetry manoeuvres.

Join us: Monday 7th February from 8.00 pm UK time at
www.radiowildfire.com <http://www.radiowildfire.com>

/Radio Wildfire: biting the bulletin for St Valentine's day./

We look forward to your company,

The Crew @ Radio Wildfire.

/… Why not send your own tracks to Radio Wildfire by going to the/

/‘Submit’ page of our website and uploading MP3s of your work. Spoken/

/word and music, comedy, storytelling, poetry, song and aural art, they/

/are all part of the eclectic mix we are looking for when we create/

/Radio Wildfire Live!/

*Follow Radio Wildfire on Twitter @ **www.twitter.com/radiowildfire
<http://www.twitter.com/radiowildfire>*

**

*p.s. Please pass on this information to anyone that you think might be*

*interested.  Thank you.*

p.p.s. And to keep your interest smouldering between live shows

there’s the constant transmission we call *The Loop.*  Listen in 24

hours a day, 7 days a week at www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com>  - /Plus/ Radio

Wildfire play-on-demand tracks @ www.myspace.com/radiowildfire
<http://www.myspace.com/radiowildfire> – here

to wildfire your imagination.

*WHAT IS RADIO WILDFIRE?*

Radio Wildfire is an independent online radio station which blends

spoken word, poetry, performance literature, comedy, storytelling,

short stories and more with a novel selection of word/music fusion and

an eclectic mix of musical styles. www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com> broadcasts

live 8.00-10.00pm (UK time) on the first Monday of every month.

Listen to Radio Wildfire at www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com> where The Loop plays 24 hours a day.