[cma-l] CENSUS

Michael Fryer michael_fryer at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:30:09 GMT 2011

Well said Tom.  Let's hope more stations follow your lead.
Cheers,
Michael Fryer

From: t.buckham at futureradio.co.uk
To: alan.coote at btinternet.com; michael_fryer at hotmail.com; shane at eclectic-productions.co.uk; cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:50:49 +0000
Subject: RE: [cma-l] CENSUS

Hi everyone

I met with a representative from the ONS before
Christmas and did a post to the CMA list around that time as we were trying to
gauge people’s views towards census coverage, with our own attitude being
skeptical, following their ‘no marketing budget’ claims at our
meeting.

Similar to Alan’s comments we’re
not going to be providing any coverage/support to the 2011 census after hearing
the likelihood is that community media promotion won’t be funded, but the
commercial sector will see at least some marketing spend.

It’s a shame really as it’s
something we would likely do one or two programme features on, but if they’re
not prepared to support community media then I see no reason why we should
support their plans. We’ve recently reined in coverage on some local
venues/organisations in Norwich
for similar reasons – they expect free coverage/promotion but aren’t
prepared to support the station!

All the best

Tom Buckham

Station Manager

Future Radio

Tel:01603 455250 Fax:01603 508096

168b Motum Rd, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 8EG.

www.futureradio.co.uk

Future Projects is a social inclusion charity for young people and adults
in Norwich and Norfolk.

Registered charity number 1103200

Before
printing, think about the environment

P It takes 24
trees to produce 1 ton of office paper!

Please note
that Internet email is not a fully secure method of communication. You should
be aware of this lack of security when emailing us.