[cma-l] charity status

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 18:16:37 GMT 2011

Dear All

Just a quick enquiry ....... Does anyone know how many Community Radio
Stations in our fraturnity/brotherhood are actually charities ??     I know
that we looked into it 7 years ago but the process was a complete nightmare.
Also, in 2004 I clearly remember that the Charities commision simply had NO
category for radio ... it was almost as if they didn't understand it >?>?
I think the key to it and the crux of the matter was that we were
technically ''all over the place'' in what we were providing ... in
otherwords, providing a lot, but nothing specific !
almost          ''a jack of all trades but master of none''

Have any of you guys had a similar experience ?                       I seem
to recall that there is a station on the south coast as a charity ??
plus         Regen (near to us) in South Manchester who do run Wythenshawe
FM and ALL FM ...... outside of that, I'm a bit clueless to be honest ...
Any ideas ?

What about Sheffield and of course the CMA ?

Many thanks

Regards