[cma-l] Fwd: Broadcasting Code Workshops - 1 March 2011

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 12:31:31 GMT 2011

Jaqui n' all

Thanks for this .... just a quick question in case I've missed something ...
Have we already been sent the new rules ?  as if we have I seem to have
misplaced them??                also, if we haven't I do take it we will be
sent them ?

I do not know what these rules are that have been changed but I don't think
it takes a mathematician to work out the rough ins and outs ..... quite
bizarre though, that when we want rules changing it appears to take till
doomsday to get there, that's if of course we ever do get there ?!

Furthermore, and with reference to the seminar, London seems quite a
sensible place to hold such a seminar (er  --  NOT ?!)   especially when
100's of cash strapped stations who at present haven't got two half-pennies
to scratch their arses with would find it difficult to get down to their
local Town Hall let alone London.

If we want to talk about rules being changed then let's talk about the
relevant ones ..... Community stations such as ours are now in a 'scrap'
and whether the ideal utopia of community radio is real, is happening, not
happening, whatever, whichever is the case, the fact remains that for us to
survive ... we have to be allowed to COMPETE ........ I didn't want
competition, neither do most people on this message board or people at the
CMA, but circumstances dictate that unless we do compete for listeners (as
well as continuing our community stuff of course)      our station emblems
are going to feature a 'Dodo' as a logo !

When we approach donors/sponsors/advertisers???        They sadly at this
moment in time aren't interested in how many people with disabilities we
work with, or how many ethnic minorities we have on board, or youngsters or
elderly people, or socially excluded or unemployed ..... what they are
interested in is WHAT DO THEY GET IN RETURN FOR THEIR LOLLY ........... when
we get the lolly, it is then our task and moral duty to fulfill our
commitments which I'm sure all of us will continue to do.

Instead of holding the meeting in London, could we not move it to somewhere
closer to home ....... ??               could I suggest CLOUD-CUCKOO-LAND !

Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for keeping us in the loop but
unfortunately we may have to miss this one ..... unless of course the road
traffic rules have changed as well, and I am now permitted to go down the M1
on my pushbike !?

LOL

Regards

Nick