[cma-l] missed the point

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 09:01:26 BST 2011

Chaps n' all

I'm sorry to always appear as 'the argumentative one'        but my
frustration is the fact that everyone here is missing the point ..... Ofcom
included. If ever there was an industry crying out for a few 'grey' areas it
is this one. Everything appears black and white and basically that is
neither use nor ornament.

Two things first

Yes, we did know the rules before we started and yes we signed up to them
..... However, in my defence and as I have said many times before, I thought
I was dealing with lots of rational, sensible and intelligent people ... I
sometimes wonder ??      in the fact that I summised all this garbage would
have been put to bed by now                         er
clearly not.

People keep talking about key commitments .... it has no bearing whatsoever
when you take into account that everybodies geographical area is different
.... flat / hilly / generally bigger / generally smaller / built up / rural
/                       Ian keeps bangin' on about Ofcom this and Ofcom that
if we had asked for more even at the beginning the answer was   NO - NO - NO
so this argument falls flat               full stop !

What should be happening is what we call a ''review''        not a bloody
consultation or a row or a series of more no - no - no's       a review.

One argument (observation) made not to long ago by people in authority and
chappies on our side (Ian etc)  who know their stuff, is that another 20
watts won't make any difference to us

Good !               because if it isn't going to make a difference or cause
any problems if it's going free ''I'll tell you what''    we'll have it
anyway

Catch my drift ?

Debates and arguments are being created ... they don't actually exist, they
are being invented by authorities digging their heals in and applying the
black n' white theory. For Gods sake ditch them, let's all creep and go,
softly softly catch a monkey on the watts, the restrictions, the advertising
etc    and when we reach the part whereby we haven't overstepped the mark,
then surely to God common sense tells us we have reached our goal without
upsetting anyone.

Ah but .... there is a problem here              it is that wonderful word
'common sense' again

Ta

:-)

Regards