[cma-l] prs / ppl / copyright

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 14:56:35 BST 2011

Martin

A good debate ..... I do see both sides of the fence. I have just given you
ten quid for your cd. I like your talent. I am also going to put it on our
radio station and promote it and plug it for you so that Mrs Goggins and
Herbert n' all go and purchase a copy.

Because of OUR hard work at this end .... most of it (UNPAID) and voluntary,
we help you in your career. You make quite a bit of money 'hopefully'

Remember that in 2 years time when we play the song, there could be a whole
new listeners base and a new generation who hear that music on Canalside and
then go and by your Greatest Hits.

It's a joke, it's a money making racket, I ain't budging on my opinion and
as I see it .. Canalside gets now't except the opportunity to play the music
which some I like and some I don't ....... but who am I to judge, so we play
all of it ...... the artists don't give me anything, they charge me. I have
just bought the cd remember !        so as I say it is all take - take -
take - take

Like I said ....... stealing the music is a different matter and I agree
with the rules.

I suggest a lot of people in our fraternity have a peep over this side of
the fence .... it just might be the correct side.

Time will tell no doubt providing the people making the Laws are genuine and
not bent / corrupt / being wined and dined etc etc   as we see too often on
our TV screens these days.

Regards

Nick

  _____