[cma-l] National Advertising

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 19:12:26 BST 2011

Yes I too think a CMA advertsing agency would be a great idea.     If I was
more enterprising I'd set up an agency myself to do this - I think there is
a real chance there is a business opportunity waiting there is someone finds
the right model that appeals to both advertisers and stations.

Glyn

On 21 April 2011 11:56, Two Lochs Radio <tlr at gairloch.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I've long thought it was time for CMA to look at some form of joint
> booking agency for national advertisers. In our limited experience they are
> quite happy to spread the advertising cake around, but can't cope with the
> overheads of dealing with separate bookings for a hundred tiny stations,
> when for one order placed with Bauer or GMG they can advertise on dozens of
> major stations with just one order to administer.
>
> In Scotland we have already managed to achieve this with the Scottish
> Government for their advertising, but it would be good to see some real
> effort put into a UK-wide sales agency for the non-profit radio sector.
>
> Alex

GLOSS FM now broadcasting on 87.7FM across South Gloucestershire
http://www.glossfm.org.
Why not download the GLOSS FM browser toolbar for easy access to radio
player, local information and more!
http://GLOSSFM.Toolbar.fm/