[cma-l] DAB Switchover

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:02:16 BST 2010

Martin

To answer your point:

We should be looking into a small DAB transmitter option to cover
towns, and smaller areas to enable non big / super regional stations
to actually migrate onto DAB.. (but not even sure that's possible)

It is totally technically feasible - the equipment already exists - the cost is comparable with a local FM transmission system - but the licensing facility simply doesn't exist and the cynic would say that it is unlikely to as long as the big groups who have paid large sums for muliplexes have a say in the way the system operates.

Ian Hickling

Partner

transplan UK