[cma-l] BBC funding for local TV/Not local radio

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:07:55 BST 2010

Yes - it is ironic, and it's illogical - and it's illustrative of how out-of-step the mandarins are with what's going on at base level.
But whose fault is it?
Ours - for not making our case strongly enough - with the right kind of approach - in the areas where it will hit hardest.
Does your MP - who you elected and is your voice in Government  - even know about your Community Radio station?
Has he visited it - regularly - and how many times has he been interviewed?
Does he use you to get to his contituents?
Have you used him as a channel to get a written answer from a Minister as is his entitlement?

I wonder.