[cma-l] BBC RadioPlayer launch announced - and HD Radio too!

Tony Bailey studio at ravensoundradio.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 09:52:44 BST 2010

I seem to recall it was an Ofcom decision not to issue licences to
internet broadcasters, although it seems that decision may not now apply
to video.  Internet radio music is licensed by PRS and PPL, which in
common with all UK broadcasters is subject to the same libel laws, etc.

I doubt if the BBC will exclude their online-only broadcasts from the
player (footy, etc).

It should be possible for internet only services to be licensed by Ofcom
if deemed necessary under the same procedure used for satellite platforms.

Tony Bailey