[cma-l] Fwd: Celebrate outstanding learners

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Nov 15 11:40:39 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <alw at niace.org.uk>

   Celebrate outstanding adult learners

*"Winning an award was brilliant, I've never won anything before and it's
given me confidence in myself. I'm now surviving in a very busy A & E
department as a qualified nurse, which is a dream come true."*
* (Carol Hilton<http://www.alw.org.uk/winners-stories/winner-story/2010/lesley-carol-hilton>,
2010 Adult Learners’ Week Award Winner)*

Nominations are now open for the Adult Learners’ Week Awards 2011. The
awards celebrate learning in all its forms, giving deserved recognition to
inspirational adults who have changed their lives through learning.

There are two main award categories:

   -

    Outstanding Individual
Learner<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/individuals/eligibility>
   -

    Inspiring Learning
Projects<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/projects/eligibility>

Your nomination may also be eligible for a range of awards, sponsored by the
European Social Fund, BBC, Pearson, Community Learning Champions Support
Programme and Local Government Association.

Nominating for an Adult Learners' Week Award is simple and you can:

   -

    Nominate online <http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/nominations>;
   -

   * Order hard
copies<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/nominations-order-form>
   * of the forms;
   -

   Download the forms in *
PDF<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/nominations>
   * format;
   -

   Download the forms in *
Word<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards/nominations>
   * format, complete it on screen and submit by e-mail.

 Everyone nominated will receive a certificate of achievement. Winners will
receive a learning voucher, valued between £200 and £1,000, and will be
invited with their nominator to a ceremony during Adult Learners’ Week
(14-20 May 2011).

 Nominations close at 5pm on 28 January 2011.

Early bird nominations
Nominations submitted by *20 December 2010* will be entered for a FREE prize
draw for the chance to win *£200 worth of learning vouchers* to spend on
learning resources for your organisation.

20th Adult Learners' Week winners' search

The 20th Adult Learners' Week will take place in 2011 and we would like to
hear from all past winners. If you are, or know of a previous winner please
contact us at*  20 at alw.org.uk *or 0116 204 4200. You can also *
register<http://www.alw.org.uk/winner-contact-details>
* online.

For more information about Adult Learners' Week Awards visit *
www.alw.org.uk/nominate* or contact the Campaigns and Promotions team at
NIACE at alw at niace.org.uk or on 0116 2044200.

NIACE (The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education, England and
Wales). A company limited by guarantee registered no. 2603322 and registered
charity no. 1002775, Registered address: 21, De Montfort Street, Leicester,
LE1 7GE, UK. www.niace.org.uk.

NIACE (Sefydliad Cenedlaethol Addysg Barhaus i Oedolion, Lloegr a Cymru).
Cwmni cyfyngedig drwy warant rhif cofrestredig 2603322 ac elusen rhif
cofrestredig 1002775, Cyfeiriad cofrestredig: 21, De Montfort Street,
Leicester, LE1 7GE, DU. www.niacedc.org.uk.
 <#12c3a090eea22355_>