[cma-l] Dispersed Communities

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 22:44:49 GMT 2010

Joseph.
What you are asking for is effectively national coverage for dispersed communities.
This is clearly impossible to achieve with AM or FM because the transmission infrastructure - even if it could be licensed - would be prohibitively expensive.
Digital terrestrial radio (currently DAB) is feasible, but extremely expensive unless you can land a very clever deal with a multiplex owner.
So you are left with Internet - which is cheap but not easy to access if you're not in a WiFi zone or near a PC on a landline - or satellite which isn't much use if you're not near a TV.
Dissemination via mobile phone networks is certainly a possibility, but can or does or will your audience want to listen to you that way?
Short of some very substantial investement, I'm afraid you're at least 20 years too late.