[cma-l] News

Trevor Lockwood trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Fri May 28 13:57:08 BST 2010

We have an iGoogle page (each presenter can create their own). It includes
links to a variety of Apps: Google's own news, BBC UK news, national and
local newspapers, thought for the day, Love Quote, horoscopes - whatever
you like.

Personally I encourage presenters to use BBC UK news headlines - these are
timed, can be removed if repeats are not wanted, allow click-throughs to
more information if required, and contain: a headline plus a one line
description - reading 5-6 allows a quick news summary (which is always up
to date), and requires little searching - and shouldn't be a huge burden on
presenters.

Some of my team like to have someone else read the news - usually because
they are being 'funny' (always subjective - but we know what they mean) and
a 'news reporter' works well.
TREVOR LOCKWOOD
Chairman
Felixstowe Radio [1]