[cma-l] Partnership opportunity for EU funded project in the Balkans

Salvatore Scifo salvatore.scifo at communitymedia.eu
Wed May 26 10:05:23 BST 2010

Dear All,
attached below and in the Word files you wou will find information about
partnershop possibilities for two projects for organisations based in
the Balkans Countries and in the EU.

For further information please contact directly Miomir Rajcevic at
rajcevic at me.com

Best Regards,

Salvo

Maybe you are interested for our two new projects:

Media for Western Balkan
M4WB
Youth in Action, 3.1
We are looking for participants from Balkans Countries and EU
All other interested organizations are also welcomed!
Contact: Miomir Rajcevic, rajcevic at me.com

“The explosion in audio-visual creativity is sowing the seeds for a more participative, expressive democracy...”
Media for Western-Balkans is a project, focused on the combination of old creative and educational tools  with new internet and communication technologies in order to show that young people from different Western-Balkan countries can work together across and regardless to existing cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds and political viewpoints.  This project brings university students with experiences in media literacy (age 19-24) from different countries to the Western Balkans, to work with children in the field of media, based on the idea of transboundary communication. We would like to encourage communication in different languages and to promote media language as the best tool for the better understanding between people from different Western-Balkan countries. This project offers the opportunity for young people from Western-Balkan countries to be at the same place at the same time, gathered around their common interest: media. The combination of their common interest with media literacy and old/new educational tools can be seen as a base for forming a new virtual space for an intercultural dialogue. At the same time, this project would like to encourage young people from various organizations to start producing media products for young people in their countries and to learn how to combine and use new ICT (Information and Communication Technology) for broadcasting their programs and for making their work more visible. Combining workshops, video conferencing and the web with new ICT, all countries of Western-Balkans will be able to use media in a new and innovative way in order to bring young people together to make a difference; to create media collaboration across cultures and to bring young people together to have a voice in the future.

-----
Attention! Action!
Film for Peace Network
AA-F4PN
Contact: Miomir Rajcevic, rajcevic at me.com

Outline:
Attention! Action! is an international workshop where 2 participants from different countries produce a movie about peace together. The recording takes place in Serbia, and the participants get to try out all aspects of the film making process – all the way from idea and script to post-production.

Two persons (18-26) from each country in a F4PN project are chosen by a partner organization. The participants should have some experience or education in film making, preferably in their own country. Thus, said knowledge and experience can be shared between the participants. Seeing as general working methods and jargon vary greatly depending on the country, the participants will learn from each other and grow in their profession as well as experience a multinational film project, and the possibilities and difficulties associated with it.

We, Media Education Centre, will write a “base script”, a script body which will have room for seven completely independent sequences. The seven sequences will be recorded, one by each country Team. Media Education Centre will be project leaders and organize the initiation of the project, oversee and plan it in its entirety.

Goals:
To develop a working cooperation, and to try out and gain insight to other the different positions in film making.
To extend contact peace building networks.
To, through an international cooperation, pave way for future international peace projects.
Produce a finished movie that can contend in film festivals and promote Film like Tool for Peace building.
To develop the artistic ability among the participants.
-----

Please don’t hesitate to ask for more information!
Please forward our letter to your network!
Contact: Miomir Rajcevic, rajcevic at me.com
Important:

Parts III (attached) we need filled, signed and stamped:
ASAP by FAX at 00381 11 2631 892
ASAP scanned on rajcevic at me.com and
Original at:
Miomir Rajcevic
Media Education Centre
Obilicev venac 21
11000 Belgrade, Serbia

Kind regards,

Miomir Rajcevic
Media Education Centre, President
International Youth Media Summit, executive Director
Balkan+ Festival, General Manager

IT IS NOT BECAUSE THINGS ARE DIFFICULT THAT WE DO NOT DARE; BUT IT IS BECAUSE WE DO NOT DARE THAT THINGS ARE DIFFICULT: HEALTH, VIOLENCE, DEMOCRACY, YOUTH, ENVIRONMENT, POVERTY, DISCRIMINATION
SEVEN VOICES IN TIME for the BETTER FUTURE
We are in preparation for the 5th International Youth Media Summit 2010, place and space for young filmmakers all around globe, willing to show how media can change the world! Summit will be held in Serbia, 11th to 20th of August 2010.

Our projects: Media for ALL, Balkan+! KFK Festival and Animate it in Western Balkan are labeled with EUROPEAN YEAR of CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION…