[cma-l] not all gloom?

Marilyn Hyndman marilyn at northernvisions.org
Wed May 19 10:03:01 BST 2010

Sounds good Phil, how do you feel about going for funding on a UK
basis and as best as we can on our terms?

On 18 May 2010, at 14:46, Phil Korbel wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I, like many was a tad cynical about the whole 'Big Society'
> thingummy - especially it was said to have died a death on the
> canvassers' doorsteps. I didnt expect to see hide nor hair of it
> thereafter...but low and behold - here we have a 'vision paper' on
> that very subject from No 10 which includes this phrase -
>
> 'The government will use funds from dormant bank accounts to set up
> a ‘Big Society Bank’, which will ‘provide new finance for
> neighbourhood groups, charities, social enterprises and other non-
> governmental bodies’.
>
> A new source of revenue for community media - and Big Society [cough
> - sorry it still sticks in my throat] surely needs a place to talk?
>
> Of course we'll be scrabbling for that pot along with all and sundry
> but hey...
>
> bests
>
> Phil
>
> --
> Phil Korbel
> Director
> 0161 237 5454
>
> Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
> A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales
> No. 3753832
> Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
> Registered Charity No. 1077763
> www.radioregen.org
> www.communityradiotoolkit.net

Marilyn Hyndman
Northern Visions/NvTv
23 Donegall Street
Belfast
BT1 2FF

Tel: 028 9024 5495 ext 207
Fax: 028 9032 6608

NvTv
Belfast Community Television
Free-to-Air on Channel 62/Freq:799.276MHz
Live on line: www.nvtv.co.uk

www.northernvisions.org