[cma-l] CMA Proposals for Jeremy Hunt - Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 21:19:11 BST 2010

Yes, Jaqui, there is.

My quoted extract from your response below is not strong enough by a long way.

Ofcom will never countenance allocating more power to Community Radio licensees in order to fight pirate radio interference.

That's working backwards.

What it can do, and indeed should do, but what it won't do without the motivation empowerment and funding from Government is to actively and effectively eradicate pirate radio and positively source usable FM channels for new Community Radio stations in every location where there is a demand - rather than shut the door on applications before it has done its homework.

That's what you should be asking - nay - demanding.

Ian Hickling

Partner

transplan UK