[cma-l] VAT

Cheryl Buggy cherylbuggy at expressfm.com
Wed Jun 23 18:02:48 BST 2010

We have been VAT registered from the beginning of our licence 4 years ago
and would not have done it any other way.
Regards
Cheryl
Express FM
Portsmouth

On 23 June 2010 14:53, Phil Shep <phil at somersetfilm.com> wrote:

> We have been registered for VAT since 98 and it has all the advantages
> others have alluded to.  Be aware though that if your income generating
> activities are or become mainly educational then you can find HMRC taking
> the view that you have rendered yourself ineligible to charge or claim back
> VAT.
>
> This decision would be determined by monitoring inputs and outputs on a
> quarterly basis and again at the end of the year.  So you need to be clear
> about your aims and objectives and about what you can charge VAT on and
> what
> you can't.  This is a complex area which doesn't usually apply but can do
> under certain circumstances , so it's best to be aware.
>
> Phil
> Somerset Film

Cheryl Buggy Station Director Express FM 07968 590714

Express FM (Portsmouth) Ltd
Registered in England No 5265112
The Wiltshire Building
Hampshire Terrace