[cma-l] Project Evaluator for new radio project

helen harrison hellonice at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:14:02 BST 2010

We are inviting tenders for the role of Project Evaluator of 'Speak Up' a new 2 year project.
Application deadline:	Wednesday, September 8th, 12noon
Interviews:  			Thursday, September 16th (Devon location tbd)
More information:		www.auneheadarts.org.uk/speakup/evaluation.
We would like the external evaluator to work independently to assess the project against the aims outlined below. The purpose of the evaluation is to provide information that will enable partners, either separately or in continued partnership working, to assess the impact of the project, and to help develop models of best practice that can be broadly disseminated.  It is as important to assess what has not worked particularly well as well as what has worked well.  The evaluation will also help the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, as the project’s primary sponsor, to assess the project against their criteria for the Speaking and Listening strand of their Education work.  It will assess cost benefit, and provide commentary on how well the overall budget was able to support the actual project outcomes, bearing in mind the longterm impact on the partner organisations as well as on individual participants.  Mid- to long-term evaluation and tracking is, however, outside the scope of this evaluation.
We would be especially interested in creative approaches to evaluation which capture the qualitative value of the project as well as quantitative.  We are keen to include the voices of all partners in the project: participants, media and arts partners, media artists/facilitators and producers.  We would be interested in the evaluation being both sound and text based, with the potential for extracts of the feedback in spoken word being submitted for website publication.  Recording equipment can be provided if necessary.
If you are interested, please contact:  Jennie Hayes at  jennie at auneheadarts.org.uk