[cma-l] Local radio stations frozen out.

Julian Mellor julian at 10radio.org
Wed Jan 13 13:25:08 GMT 2010

Inclined to agree on that.  I think digital swtichover will be the
death of local radio.  As soon as the Beeb and national commercial
broadcasters switch to digital, anyone buying a radio will be pushed
to digital only.  You can imagine the scenario in Currys/Dixons/
wherever "FM? Oh no, that's not used anymore, what you need is this
great all singing DAB radio blah blah"  Quite quickly local residents
will be telling community stations "sorry, I can't get you on my new
radio" and that, dear listeners, will be the end of us!