[cma-l] Business Rates For Community Stations

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 16:06:03 GMT 2010

I'm sure there's no legislation specifically in regard to community
stations.

There is mandatory 80% relief for charities, but a lot of councils give
discretionary relief to non-profits working for community benefit - our
council gives us 100% relief in return for the filling in a very simple
form.

Apart from that, *all* small businesses qualified for 50% rates relief in
the last 3 or 4 years on properties with rateable value under £5000, and
relief on a sliding scale up to 50% from £10k down to £5k rateable value.
But the figures for 2010/11 haven't been announced yet so this could change.

See http://www.eastleigh.gov.uk/ebc-1968

Alex