[cma-l] Future thoughts for CMA

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sun Dec 26 09:37:09 GMT 2010

Steve

What a fantastic e-mail !        and believe it or not you are dead right !
what you have put in this e-mail is exactly what I say to people week in
week out, our volunteers, people making enquiries,     er     sponsors
sometimes when I want to be honest and upfront --------------- that's my
bloody problem ... I'm too honest, to straightforward - a spade is a spade -
what you see is what you get and all that jazz.

I don't really know what to say except that regardless of my little
'paddies' .... and tantrums, I actually LOVE what I do ....... This is the
problem I'm afraid. It is the fact that WE (CCR) love it and believe in what
we are doing that makes us so passionate and ready to 'battle' if we get
attacked.

If we look at this in plain old simple radio terms and take all the
community stuff out of it ...... give me our dear Heidi Reed, Brian Moores,
Sandy Holtappel, Nick Hawkins, David Anderson etc etc anyday before the
moyles's and evans of this world ..........  THEN AGAIN I WOULD SAY THAT.

On our station you get community, you get real localness, you get national
stories, ..... You get the bloomin' lot ... why do I want to listen to the
regionals and the nationals ....... no way jose' !

But, as you quite rightly say ..... it ain't what you, or I or ofcom think
etc etc it is what Mr Joe public, Mr Jim Grant, and Mr Fred Sponsor thinks.

HOWEVER :-                   I'll turn this whole argument right on its head
......... If the powers that be don't give a shit if that's how we wish to
describe it ....... then why don't they      BUTT OUT / PISS OFF / and go
and irritate and thwart someone else. Don't keep moving the goalposts.

It's time these clowns stopped hiding and stood up ........

1)       It is quite simple ..... for these people to still be implementing
restrictions etc and not putting in proper funding, then I would argue that
they have actually taken sides.

2)       By taking sides puts a whole new meaning on the situation ...... it
means that the pussyfooting around ceases immediately and as a collective
body we get the legal people in, roll the sleeves up and 'have a go' !
friendly persuassion and being nicey nicey ain't gonna' have any sway.

They need to get off the fence. If they care about it, then support it !
they know all the arguments for and against ...... if they don't support it,
then as I have said ///// SOD OFF and let us fight our own battles.

Basically we are in a war, we are in a battle against quite a lot of
adversity ..... What is right will win in the end. They'll see sense, coz
they'll get fed up of us pecking at their heads all the time, the
commercials etc will also have to give us some respect as providing we can
hold our own on our own, we will pinch lots of listeners from them and we
will win support for what we do in the community.

I'll certainly soldier on ........ even if it means being stood there like
General Custer at the end surrounded by Indians with an arrow through my hat
!

But ...... Your e-mail is bang on, quite correct, dead right !

Top man

Regards

Nick ........... All the best for the new year everyone

  _____