[cma-l] Future thoughts for CMA

Steve Satan satan at netgates.co.uk
Sat Dec 25 22:12:40 GMT 2010

"Something as simple as putting the power up by 20 watts WOULD make a
difference. We don’t need height, we do not want to chuck our signal all
over the North West, we simply want to defend our Castle."

Nick,

Why are you dismissive of increasing aerial height? I know from personal
experience that it can make a drastic improvement to reception. Indeed,
it may be more effective than increasing transmitter power. Take a look
at this web page:
http://www.mf2fm.com/blog/comments.php?y=10&m=08&entry=entry100809-221736
it shows a computer simulation of coverage. Doubling height is more
effective than quadrupling transmitter power.

Regards,

Steve Satan
Transmitter engineer.