[cma-l] Funding News: ACE Enquiry / UnLtd Awards / Natwest Fund

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:30:09 BST 2010

Dear All

Another three-pennith and further to my recent e-mails regarding funding (or
should I say LACK OF IT?)          all of these grants that we keep reading
about are not really grants, the are more like competitions, auctions, exams
etc ........ as Phil quite rightly pointed out, if someone can't fill a form
in correctly then maybe they are the wrong person or wrong group for the job
?!          However, as I have stated, I don't believe this to be true. In
fact, I would argue that we (CCR) have made some very long, time consuming
applications, that, (even though I say it myself) were very good and quite
commendable ......... they finished up in the bin of course ...... we didn't
tick ALL the boxes ! ............. I think we've almost given up the ghost
??

The sooner this nonsense is curtailed the better it will be for everyone. I
keep reading about this magical word         ''DISTRIBUTION'' in relation to
funding .......... there should be another word in front of it ...... it's
called ''FAIR'' ............... unless we have 'fair, equal and even
distribution' of funding, the whole thing is pointless. Especially in times
of need when as it states in this communiqué, local government funding and
national funding is being axed / cut / stopped etc etc ........... am I
bleating in the wilderness again or will someone at our end actually stand
up in the places that matter and represent ALL of us.

No not-for-profit community group (whatever they supply or do) has the right
to say that they are 'more worthy than another' ????!!!!!

This 'voting' malarkey is another debacle as well ........ clearly the
biggest wins ?!    if I've got more members and more friends that the next
guy then we win ......... simples !       totally, unacceptable. Then again,
I've no chance on this score ...... I've got no friends !    and no wonder !

Just an observation, that's all.

If the Government and the DCMS want a story on how things can go badly wrong
through no fault of our own and entirely down to their rules, their laws,
their inflexibility, their inadequate pot of funds, their inadequate way of
distributing it, then look no further than Canalside Community Radio .....
we are a shining example ........... everything has been stacked up against
us and we are slowly on the slippery slope. That process is now starting to
gain speed due to the economic climate and there ain't nothing we can do
about it.
Our local commercial station has treated us as COMPETITION since day dot ...
but the Government and DCMS have stood idly by with their rule book and
watched us slowly get ground down and then kicked to bits.

We keep fighting ........ sticks and stones aren’t very good though against
machine guns & bombs.

Regards

Nick