[cma-l] CMA Council - CR Fund priority

trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 23:07:48 BST 2010

Phil

There is no chronic lack of resources - we are an active and committed membership that is packed with talent, contacts and experience. In any case you may want to check OfCom accounts for the true cost of administering the CRF - we can do so much cheaper, and a secretariat does not have to be run by volunteers or by our staff. It would be a new propject, self-sustaining.

I adamantly refuse to accept we cannot do 'anything'. If it seems to our advantage we will find a way.

As for charity - that is difficult for the lobbying function. I favour Community Interest Company format - and the CIC regulator is keen to persuade funders to recognise that a CIC is acceptable. It's advantages are easier administration, the ability to raise funds through shareholding (in some cases) and to trade - with a statement of community intent, and all assets locked for the community.

Trevor