[cma-l] CMA Council - CR Fund priority

trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 10:20:04 BST 2010

Phil

I see no reason why CMA should not administrate this fund, setting it up as a separate charitable entity, with Borad Members selected from relevant stakeholders. As an infrastructure organisation we are best placed to assess and understand the needs of our members, and capable of maintaining effective contact, and supervision of grants - particularly with the proposed hierachy where regional groupings will have closer contact with our member stations.

CMA providing the secretariat is an obvious solution. At SAVO (Suffolk Association of Voluntary Organisations) where I am a trustee/director we manage several such funds, for providers such as the Big Lottery, local councils etc. It is an effective bridge, where CMA can communicate effectively as they are capable of understanding the demands of both camps.

Kind regards

Trevor Lockwood