[cma-l] The Guardian Activate Summit 2010

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Apr 27 15:59:35 BST 2010

   <http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/q3GPRGVM1/xFE4KGVM1>

Dear colleague

The CMA is delighted to be a marketing partner for Activate
2010<http://www.guardian.co.uk/activate>and again we are sending a
delegate to the event to represent the views of
our sector to other attendees.
*"Activate felt like a seminal event, perhaps even a watershed in UK
business and media culture. Activate is unashamedly targeted at makers and
doers, people that will build things...such as the future."   **James
Govenor, analyst, Redmonk *

*The Guardian's Activate Summit is back. *After an incredible first year,
this powerful gathering of global visionaries returns to the Guardian's
headquarters in *London on 1 July* for a day of ideas and inspiration,
providing insight into how the web and its related technologies are
reshaping our world.

*Book before 14 May and save 25% on the cost of a delegate place
>><http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/q37G0GVM1/xFE4KGVM1>
*

The event draws speakers from across a range of sectors and disciplines and
from all corners of the globe to discuss and debate how the internet and its
associated technologies are* changing the way we do business*,* the way we
interact and govern, and ultimately the way we live.*
    Speakers already confirmed include:

•    *Ethan Zuckerman*, founder, Global Voices
•    *Chad Dickerson*, CTO, Etsy
•    *Jan Chipchase*, executive creative director, global insights, Frog

     Design
•    *Juliana Rotich*, co-founder and director of programmes, Ushahidi
•    *David Cavallo*, VP and chief learning architect, One
     Laptop Per Child
•    *Nick Moon, *co-founder, Kickstart
•   * Matt Biddulph*, CTO, Dopplr and CTO, Nokia
<http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/qUGY0GVM1/xFE4KGVM1>
  For the latest 2010 programme, archived video content from Activate 2009
and to register your place at Activate 2010 visit
guardian.co.uk/activate<http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/qLYG9GVM1/xFE4KGVM1>

*Follow on twitter*
@ActivateSummit<http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/qCG7IGVM1/xFE4KGVM1>
and
be the first to find out the latest keynote speaker announcements, as well
as access to exclusive discounts and pre-event content.

*"I love the theme of the summit because for me what we do is ultimately
about impact and there can be no impact without people being activated."**
Arianna Huffington, editor-in-chief, The Huffington Post *

*Other speakers include:*
*Stefana Broadbent*, digital ethnographer and honorary visiting researcher,
Department of Anthropology, UCL; *Sharon Biggar*, COO and co-founder, Path
Intelligence; *Sameer Padania*, hub manager, Witness.org; *Bre Pettis*,
founder, Makerbot; *Austin Heap*, executive director, Censorship Research
Council; *Steven Clift,* founder, E-Democracy; *Danny O'Brien*, internet
advocacy co-ordinator, Committee to Protect Journalists; *Mike
Migurski, *partner,
Stamen; *Nigel Shadbolt, *professor of AI and deputy head of research,
School of Electronics and Computer Science, The University of
Southampton; *Neil
Berkett*, CEO, Virgin Media; *Kjerstin Erickson*, founder, FORGE; *Dr.
Aubrey de Grey,* biomedical gerontologist and chief science officer, SENS
Foundation; *Jamais Cascio*, writer, scenario development, The Institute for
the Future; *Rose Shuman*, founder, OpenMind and QuestionBox  and many more.
   <http://guardianmail.co.uk/go.asp?/bGUA001/mUGP0GVM1/q3YPIGVM1/xFE4KGVM1>