[cma-l] 2010 Community Media General Election Campaign

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Apr 26 20:11:35 BST 2010

Hi

A few weeks back I wrote to the PPCs in Sheffield Central using the
standard letter text that has been available on the CMA website for
some time:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/2010/04/12/2010-general-election-campaign/

And I received this back from the Green candidate:

> Dear Bill
>
> Interesting information in this. The Green Party manifesto doesn't contain a
> specific commitment to increased funding for community broadcasting, but it
> fits with our general ethos of national funding for public services. I have
> signed pledges supporting the BBC and regional networks.
> Yours
> Jillian
>
> Cllr Jillian Creasy, Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Green Party
> in Sheffield Central

I've not yet heard anything yet from the other PPCs but it's worth
using the form below or the letter pro forma and getting a higher
profile for the community media agenda whilst the politicians are
canvassing for our votes.

Please share your own stories of canvassing for community media on this list.

Many thanks to all those who have used the pro forma letter and web form so far.

Regards

Bill
http://photo365.commedia.org.uk
Facebook Fans: http://bit.ly/cog8n5