[cma-l] 2010 Community Media General Election Campaign

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Apr 26 18:01:00 BST 2010

+++ Apologies for cross-posting +++

With the General Election taking place on Thursday 6th May, now is the
time for CMA members and our supporters to call on the major political
parties to commit to increasing the Community Radio Fund from its
current level to the levels recommended in the Everitt Report that set
the framework for community radio legislation and was accepted by
Government at that time.

At this stage of election campaigning, prospective Parliamentary
candidates (PPCs) will be more likely to read and take note of letters
sent to them from individual constituents – our overall message will
therefore be more likely to get through to them via our grassroots
membership.  Furthermore, if you do establish a connection with a
candidate who becomes elected then they will be more likely to be
receptive towards you later as your elected representative.

Supporters of community media can contact their local PPCs using the
easy-to-use form below:

http://election2010.commedia.org.uk/

Just follow these simple steps:

- Please enter your postcode and hit "submit"
- Untick any candidates you do not want to contact
- Enter your name and email address
- Edit the subject line and main message
- Click "send message"

Good luck and don't forget to vote on 6th May!

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk
Facebook Fans: http://bit.ly/cog8n5