[cma-l] Election lobbying - please do your bit locally!

Alan Coote alan.coote at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 25 21:12:00 BST 2010

Jaqui et al,

I totally agree, there would be next to no chance of top slicing 1% from the
license fee and thank you for your team's considered judgement. Let's hope
this rather wishful idea will be consigned to the bin.

However, I feel that one very significant area the CMA should help is to
HELP COMMUNITY RADIO HELP ITSELF. To achieve this there are three things on
which I feel the CMA must concentrate its efforts.

1) Campaign for the proportionately restrictive regulations (read over
regulation) to be relaxed i.e. ownership and the 50% rule.

2) Campaign for an increase in transmitter power on FM for those stations in
geographically challenging areas. Now that many areas of the country will
not be able to accommodate new community radio services this make the case
even stronger.

3) Join with the smaller commercial station who are also without planned
access to digital to develop a medium / long term plan for DRM+

Regards

Alan

Alan Coote
Managing Director