[cma-l] Streaming

Trevor Lockwood trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 07:43:10 BST 2010

The Radio Streaming Services looks slick and professional. It raises
questions for me - why can't we (in the UK) do something similar, perhaps
even better, America is not always best. We use Canstream but would like to
stream more than one channel and need to keep costs down low. We have the
expertise, we have the technology, we have the initial market - especially
if it was included in the CMA membership package.

Community broadcasters need funds, collectively perfecting systems such as
this could open up a huge market, and we could relax a little.

I'm asking every parliamentary candidate if they will support CMA members
receiving 10% of the Licence Fee - so that we can spearhead a cultural
revolution as the BBC is now moribund, hidebound, bureaucratic and wasting
our money. My lot have been responsive. Try yours.
TREVOR LOCKWOOD
Chairman
Felixstowe Radio [1]
3 Great Eastern Square