[cma-l] Campaign tools

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Fri Sep 4 11:02:38 BST 2009

Dear all

I write to remind you that things like petitions are only one element in
any campaign.  The CMA notes the "letting off steam" of some of the
recent posts on this subject - we would suggest that rather than the
sector tearing
itself apart, it would be better just to sign, or not sign, the
petition.  Then to come up with positive suggestions for increasing the
pressure on the government to commit to the kind of funding levels
envisaged in 2003 in the Anthony Everitt report (current calculations
would make the fund around £6 million - of course we would want a bit
more than that and we want it to cover community TV as well as radio).

Some of you have produced jingles for the campaign and profile raising -
if you want to use these on air please feel free to download them.
Please feel free also to upload any you have made.  The jingles can be
found at:

http://allthevoices.commedia.org.uk/

To upload your jingles please follow this link:

http://allthevoices.commedia.org.uk/admin/

And upload your audio file using these details:

Username: upload
Password: publicpassword

Then send an email to tech at commedia.org.uk to let us know that you've
uploaded your jingle, we will publish it to share.

Also just to let you know we are seeking a meeting with Stephen Timms MP
who has taken over the job of steering the Digital Britain agenda, also
the Secretary of State Ben Bradshaw.  I have to say that they would
regard the sector as a bit of a laughing stock if they ever saw some of
the recent posts to the list.

All positive suggestions welcome!

Best wishes

Jaqui
--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities