[cma-l] cma-l Digest, Vol 26, Issue 8

Tim Abbott nordlicht.tim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:23:04 BST 2009

I have to add at this point that it is nice to see that no-one has
publically (although if Steve S is to be believed they have privately)
refused to sign the petition. That is a good start. As someone who is
not a regular petitioner, and one of the many community radio people
with time constraints, I would argue that it will be hard to motivate
people to sign something which essentially is a "suggestion". I'm not
a big believer in government consultations ever amounting to much.

I believe I have signed it, but I see the work I and others do
volunteering as much more important than any petition ever. If the
government need evidence of commitment and desire for funding, I'm
sure they get it every time they talk to one of us.

Just my two cents/penn'orth,

Tim Abbott
Resonance104.4fm volunteer engineer, BA Broadcast Journalism graduate
and freelance journalist