[cma-l] Copyright

Felixstowe Radio info at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 13:09:31 BST 2009

As a general rule extracts from written works of up to 40 lines are acceptable without obtaining permission, although the source of the work should be cited.

Poetry enters another world, where permission should be obtained.

We have good links with our local bookshop and have often ensured that they have the book in stock, in which case publishers are content to regard such broadcasts as advertising - and will raise no objections.

With over 160,000 titles published every year if you ask, and they want cash, then move on. There's always someone else.

Having been a publisher for over 25 years I'm relaxed about everything, so don't take too much notice, except that I've never known a community station criticised, or many cases coming to court. If you upset anyone then obeisance is a useful strategy.

Trevor

01394 282123
www.felixstoweradio.co.uk
107.5 FM
Felixstowe Radio Community Interest Company
Registered Number 6419058
3 Great Eastern Square, Felixstowe IP11 7DY